Things are changing at St Luke’s…
…and we’d love you to be part of it.
St Luke’s has been here for more than 150 years. A lot has changed during that time. And the church, like the community to which we belong has faced both highs and lows.
A few years ago the church building was shut. But last year, the doors were opened again. A new season has begun at St Luke’s as the church family grows and we start to reimagine church for 21st century here in the heart of the city.
With the help of all sorts of people in our local community, we are now working to make the building at St Luke’s:
- A place that is hard to miss! Attractive, accessible, intriguing and welcoming
- Contemporary yet without losing the sense of the sacred
- A place where people who live and work nearby choose to go
- In a busy crowded community, a place of calm that offers everyone “space to be”
- A place to worship God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- A place to explore, experience and live the Christian faith for real
- A centre for Christian spirituality and the ministerial formation in the Diocese of Portsmouth
- A well-equipped, flexible open space fit to host community festivals, music, arts, drama, training and conferences
- A site that is financially and environmentally sustainable
- A re-development that is Integral to the regeneration of the city centre/reshaping Portsmouth initiative
Work on that redevelopment is due to start later in 2017.
Watch this space….and we’ll keep you posted on how things are going